Technologies are emerging and affecting our lives in ways that indicate we are at the beginning of a Fourth Industrial Revolution, a new era that builds and extends the impact of digitization in new and unanticipated ways. We apply these technologies to achieve the following:
1. Healthy animals – all data collection points to ensure that the animal is placed correctly on the farm, is in a healthy condition, and the infrastructure required to support the animal is monitored and working
2. Healthy environment – Foliage, water, feeding and soil are monitored to ensure the animal has a healthy and supportive environment
3. Infrastructure support – a farm consists of many elements that need constant maintenance, also in order to facilitate an Internet of Things (connected) environment new infrastructure is required such as network towers, remote power installations, cameras, and for event management Drones. All of these must be automated for failure monitoring
Large volumes of data will be collected, this will be shared to customers and communities registered on our environment in many devices.
For a large proportion of small farmers their animals are their wealth and it is therefore extremely important to keep track of the animals whereabouts and safety. The latest statistics below reflects a terrible reality to our farmers across all sectors, but also to the country as a whole. Reality is that little is being done by security agencies to track stolen property, and that cause a trust issue where farmers don’t report theft.
Our product line is in the final testing stage before deployment, and we focus on the following for a typical customer:
Standard product (Available Jan 2019) is designed to allow the farmer to track animals even outside their farm borders in the case of theft or fence breakages. The information is displayed through a Smart Phone App which shows the farmer the whereabouts of the animals, anytime of the day, wherever the farmer is at that point in time. It will keep count of the farmers stock levels and allow information being captured against the animal to build a history on movement and health.
Data is replicated on our systems, this is in the case of lost of phone or PC, phone/pc malfunction. Warnings of animals moving away from farm perimeters raises alarms to the farmer for immediate action, and will show exact position of animals.
Advanced Product – available Q3 2019 incorporate health monitors on the animal, warning farmers if any abnormal health issues occur for speedy intervention. In this release we offer a full automated farm solution incorporating automated data collection on animals, environment, and farm infrastructure.
Our short-term objectives for 2019 are:
1. Release Standard Tag, assisting farmers to reduce theft of their animals by being pro-active
2. By utilizing the data, we can predict theft patterns across the country assisting in alerting farmers on trends
3. Better control of animals by knowing their whereabouts and managing Stockman’s attendance to animals through automated record keeping,
4. Significant savings on time and transport in tracking of animals, all automated
5. Comprehensive communications platform when theft is detected to warn and include neighbour’s 24-hours a day
6. With the advanced tag we will save unnecessary deaths of animals by being pro-active, an example is to know when an animal is becoming pregnant. More specifically we track the animal by type through the pregnancy, and at birth warn the farmer of the event and position of animal. Thereby saving animals from predators attacking animal and calf.
For a detailed description on our offerings contact us!